"Hey Dad...what's that in the sky?"The Federal Aviation Administration has released a new drone authorization list. The Electronic Frontier Foundation has released a map containing the locations of domestic drone authorizations.
"That's called a drone son...Many of them are up there to watch over us; making sure we're all safe".
"Oh yeah, I learned about them in school. We're so lucky to be free, aren't we Dad?"
"Yes we are son....Yes we are."
See if your area is on the list.
Some new drone license applicants include:
- The State Department
- National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
- Barona Band of Mission Indians Risk Management Office (near San Diego, California)
- Canyon County Sheriff’s Office (Idaho)
- Clackamas County Sheriff’s Office (Northwest Oregon)
- Grand Forks Sheriff’s Department (North Dakota)
- King County Sheriff’s Office (covering Seattle, Washington)
And several new entities in Ohio, including:
- Medina County Sheriff’s Office
- Ohio Department of Transportation
- Sinclair Community College
- Lorain County Community College
Related articles on EPJ:
- Christopher Dorner Becomes First Human Target For Drones On US Soil
- Now US Navy is Arming Drone Boats
- Video of Big Brother's spy drone that can watch you from 17,500 ft