Here are top 10 tips for presenting a winning pitch via CNBC::
1. Fully understand the market and where your company fits in it.
2. Have a sound strategy for acquiring customers, and know how much it will cost.
3. Have a good idea of the customer retention rate.
4. Articulate why you need investor dollars.
5. Present a solid plan for how you will spend the money.
6. Assemble a reliable, knowledgeable team with defined roles.
7. Have a solid focus for the business: Less is more.
8. Approach the meeting as a conversation.
9. Attitude matters: Be likable, while exhibiting a strong work ethic.
10. Demonstrate flexibility to change; building a start-up is a fluid process
Watch the CNBC video here.