Inspired by Bess Levin's Ten Ways Alan Greenspan Cheers Himself Up When He’s Feeling Blue, I produce below the ten things Ben Bernanke does to cheer himself up.
1. Re-reads Paul Krugman column where Krugman wrote:
"There’s really nothing here to shake my view that deflation, not inflation, is the threat."
2. Calls Geithner and tells him that all Obama Cabinet Members are going to be audited by IRS agent Take No Prisoners Betty.
3. Calls Lloyd Blankfein and tells him that he is going to resign, join a kibbutz in Israel and he thinks one of Ron Paul's granddaughters may take his place at the Fed.
4. Day dreams of taking Ron Paul to dinner in Washington D.C. at Citronelle and paying for the dinner with crisp newly printed hundred dollar bills.
5. He leaks to the Wall Street Journal that Alan Greenspan is still doing Barbara Walters.
6. Watches the video where Cato Institute Chairman Emeritus William A. Niskanen applauds him for doubling the monetary base.
7. Calls Barnes & Noble, while using the name Paul Volcker, and orders a copy of his book, Essays on the Great Depression.
8. Compares Zimbabwe money growth numbers to those of the Fed.
9. Temporarily removes Lewrockwell.com and mises.org from his internet bookmarks
10. Under the pen name, Mother Theresa, writes a negative Amazon review of End the Fed.