Wednesday, September 25, 2013

The GOP in Panic Over Advancing Libertarianism

They are panicked by the tea party and its libertarian-lite positions. Wait until they understand the principled positions of the hardcore libertarians that are coming on strong right behind the tea party.

Here's Politico reporting on one GOP establishment member rant:
John McCain’s former senior adviser Steve Schmidt says he has “deep regret” for helping to create a “freak show” wing of the Republican Party when he had a hand in bringing former McCain running mate Sarah Palin to the national stage.

Schmidt said Monday on MSNBC’s “Hardball” that it’s time for the GOP to stand up to the “asininity” embodied by Palin and others.

“For the last couple of years, we’ve had this wing of the party running roughshod over the rest of the party. Tossing out terms like RINO, saying we’re going to purge, you know, the moderates out of the party,” Schmidt said. “We’ve lost five U.S. Senate seats over the last two election cycles. And fundamentally we need Republicans, whether they’re running for president. 
Schmidt was responding to Palin’s op-ed over the weekend, praising Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) for his efforts to defund Obamacare even if it means a government shutdown and urging the Republican Party to go on “Cruz control.”


  1. McStain is a senile loon. Him, nancy boy Lindsay Graham and the like are a disease. We need way less (90% less) government.

    1. Why not be intellectually consistent (i.e. Tom Woods, Murray Rothbard) and go for 100% less government? If 90% of the state is evil, what's so great about the other 10%? Just a little food for thought...

    2. I'm with ya Odyssey. We don't need a criminal organization "protecting" or "taking care" of us.

  2. Hey steve, tell your boss to drop his bombs over the target, not on the deck of his own ship.

  3. Thank God Obama won. He's doing far less damage to the country than McCain would have.